Join me as I escape the heat and head to Scandinavia this summer. I’ve been waiting to experience this country front and center. Highlights from my Nine Days in Norway itinerary include:
- 48 hours in Oslo with visits to the Viking Museum, a four hour walking food tour, Frogner Park and more
- Stavanger – Norway’s third largest city with its history from the Middle Ages. Highlights include a cruise through the magnificent Lysefjord and a hike to one of Norway’s most visited attractions Pulpit Rock, a towering 600 meter mountain plateau overlooking the fjord
- The Bergen Railway – Northern Europe’s highest mainline railway line at 1,237 metres (4,058 ft) above sea level connecting Oslo to Bergen
- The Flam Railway – a 20km train journey which offers a panoramic view of the picturesque Norwegian fjord landscape
- Flam – the famous village which is the starting point for cruises to some of Norway’s most spectacular fjords, including the Sognefjord with one of its arms, the Nærøyfjord, being a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Aurland – Flam’s quiet neighbor
- Bergen – one of Norway’s prettiest cities. Highlights include a trip to Mount Floyen, the fish market and hopefully a day trip consisting of glacier hiking
I’ll be posting updates as I start my journey in just a few days. Stay tuned.